Friday, July 31, 2009


Six years ago today we paid our final respects to my Dad.

July 31, 2003 was an exhausting day.


I remember while I was driving myself, my son and Mom to the cemetery she looked right

at me and said, "let's just skip this and keep driving until we get to Disneyland"...


And as I sit and think about that statement, and if you had known my Dad, I think he would have liked it if we had just gone ahead and celebrated his life at the Happiest Place on Earth.


He sure loved to go there, he liked to GO anywhere!


I miss you Daddy.

8 comments:

~Betsy said...

In honor of your dad, maybe a trip to Disneyland is in order.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Lori1955 said...

I agree with Betsy, go to Disneyland. Although the pain of losing those we love never completely goes away, I think we can find some solice in celebrating the things they loved in their lives.

rilera said...

Hugs Cinny. Say hi to Mickey for me :)

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

(((hugs Cinn))) I hope the day was a bit less painful for you than expected. It never gets easier, but maybe more tolerable.

I think you should get a set of Mickey ears and put them on your dads plot. He would like that.

nancy said...

sorry i'm so late in responding to your blog. just wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you and sending (((hugs)))

rilera said...

Hi Cinny, haven't heard from you in a while, how are you?

Lori1955 said...

Getting worried about you sweetie.

Anonymous said...

hey cute profile. wanna get down?